Saturday, 11 May 2013

EVIE'S SABBATICAL






Hi all. I'm sure I don't need to tell you how much the capping community is lamenting the disappearance of  Argus/Evie Hyde. Evie is an inspiration to us all. I hope that this is merely a sabbatical and nothing more serious. I don't wish to get into discussion about what has happened. I simply want to say that Evie is missed already. I try to draw inspiration from many sources but it is clear Ms Hyde's disappearance is having a domino effect in the TG capping world. Not to mention the loss of the archive of those delicious caps.

In honour of, and my way of expressing gratitude, I shall be posting some of my favourite Argus/Evie caps. Some of these date back to before a watermark was being used. So in my following 'guest cap' selection I have added Evie's distinctive watermark out of respect, where this wasn't in place.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's coming from a good place, and believe me, you're not the only one who misses Evie... BUT... Reposting her stuff -- and modifying them! -- without her consent is really poor form. It's less a series of "Guest Caps" and more a bunch of "Evie's not around to (potentially) object."

    I propose you honor her with new caps in her style/likes/memory instead of reposting her content on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me I intend to make new caps in honour and will do more in due course. But just to clarify, I haven't modified anything. The only thing I added was a watermark by way of identification/copyright. However I take your point and appreciate the feedback.

      Delete